Educational Technology 2011

Welcome to my blog! The topics in the following blogs are related to current issues in educational technology.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Google Docs Review

I recently used Google Docs with fellow classmates for a project. At first review, just like many new things, I found it a bit confusing. After using it a few times and familiarizing myself with all its capabilities I decided that it is a valuable tool. Google Docs is really an easy to use online word processor editor that enables anyone in your network of collaborators to store, share and edit documents. It makes the editing process more stream lined and quicker. With this type of tool you do not have to wait long for feedback and rewrite, you can edit write on the document. I added the app to my ipad so it is completely mobile for me. I can now edit and collaborate at anytime. Additionally, I think this has great educational value in a classroom. I teach middle school Language Arts and my students are required to write a research paper as well as complete other projects throughout the year. Now that I have the knowledge of this tool I will ask them to use google docs when they ask me to edit and check their work prior to their final work. In my subject area I see this as a very valuable tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment