Educational Technology 2011

Welcome to my blog! The topics in the following blogs are related to current issues in educational technology.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Google Proof Questions? Yes or No?

I recently came across some serious discussions on whether or not a teacher can develop a Google Proof Question using Blooms Taxonomy. I started to give this some serious thought. I know that when I, as a teacher ask some tougher questions my students are googling for the answers. But this is impossible to stop with the amount of technology at their fingertips. Let them google for information but keep in mind this is only one source of information. Allowing them to get deeper into the information can spark further classroom discussions as well. We want our students to have the opportunities to gather and gain as much knowledge as possible, so that opens up new avenues for them. Googling for information may take them beyond what we were looking for but may open up new roads for them to explore. Blooms Taxonomy may be a good starting place for allowing students to expand their knowledge base.

No comments:

Post a Comment